This site is intended to inform you of some of the services and programs provided by your local law enforcement agency. The Cleveland Police Department is a full-service law enforcement agency and currently employs over 19 sworn police officers and over 12 civilian employees. The divisions of the department consist of the Administrative, Patrol, Detective, Communications, Warrant, and Animal Control. Each with owns uniqueness and dedication to the citizens of Cleveland. In addition, the Cleveland Police Department houses an exclusive state-of-the-art crime lab and a temporary detention facility.
“Restoring Pride in our Community by Embracing Partnership”
It is the mission of the Cleveland Police Department to safeguard the lives and property by working in partnership with the community, to reduce the incidence of fear and crime, and to enhance public safety and trust with honor and integrity, while at all times conducting ourselves with the highest ethical standards to improve the quality of life.
In partnership with the community, we pledge to:
- Help build a strong infrastructure in our community
- Protect the constitutional rights of all people and preserving the peace
- Protect the lives and property of our fellow citizens and without prejudice enforce the law
- Combat crime both by preventing it and by aggressively pursuing criminals of the law
- Maintain a higher standard of integrity than is generally expected of others because so much is expected of us
- Value human life, respect the dignity of each individual, and render our services with courtesy and civility